In the expansive universe of Minecraft, the only limit is your imagination. Still, with the help of mods, you can push even these boundaries and add new layers of depth and excitement to your gameplay. The modding community has continuously built upon this sandbox game since its inception, creating numerous game-changing modifications that keep players engaged. If you’re playing on version 1.12.2 and are interested in refreshing your Minecraft experience, here’s a comprehensive list of the top Minecraft 1.12.2 mods to consider.
Optifine is an essential mod for any Minecraft player. This mod not only helps to improve the game’s performance but also sharpens graphics, allowing for a more visually stunning gaming experience. Optifine allows for customizable video settings, dynamic lighting, and increased render distance, making it a must-have for any Minecraft setup.
For the explorers, JourneyMap is a perfect companion. This mod maps out your in-game world as you explore, ensuring you never lose your way again. It provides a real-time map that can be viewed in your browser or in-game, marking your path and waypoints to help you navigate the Minecraft world more efficiently.
The JourneyMap Integration Mod (versions 1.20.1, 1.19.2) is an enhancement tool tailored to extend the functionality of the original Journey Map Mod, offering additional features aimed to streamline your gameplay. This mod facilitates FTBchunks for more convenient land management when utilizing Journey Map, providing the option to add or delete managed plots as needed.
In addition, the integration with the Waystones Mod introduces waystone icons on JourneyMap, simplifying navigation. Furthermore, the JourneyMap Integration Mod enables the addition of coordinates to the JourneyMap, making it straightforward to pinpoint specific regions within your game universe. Another notable feature is the ability to add biome information to JourneyMap, enhancing your capacity to differentiate between the game’s various biomes.
Biomes O’ Plenty
Yearning for more varied landscapes in your Minecraft world? Look no further than Biomes O’ Plenty. This mod adds over 75 new biomes, each with unique vegetation, structures, and even color palette. From Cherry Blossom groves to Lavender Fields, Biomes O’ Plenty will breathe new life into your exploration and building endeavors.
The Biomes O’ Plenty Mod (versions 1.20.1, 1.19.4) is a comprehensive extension for Minecraft, introducing over 90 new biomes into both your Minecraft world and the Nether. This mod represents a broad expansion of the game’s biome system, infusing it with a rich diversity of unique and captivating environments.
To complement these new biomes, the mod also brings an array of additional features that enrich the game’s flora and fauna. Expect to discover new plant species, blooming flowers, and varied tree types. The mod doesn’t stop there, however – it also includes new building blocks, mobs, and ores, thus significantly broadening the game’s exploratory and creative potential.
- Small Biomes: Basically the opposite of the Large Biomes world type.
- No Parasite: Doesn’t generate the Parasitic Heap biome, for those who don’t want it.
- Realistic: Only generates realistic biomes.
- Fantasy: Only generates fantasy biomes.
- Missing Biomes: Vanilla biomes + 5 biomes that were in previous versions of Minecraft, and 2 meant to represent the taiga and swamp from Beta 1.8: Rainforest, Savanna, Seasonal Forest, Shrubland, Tundra, Boreal Forest, and Lush Swamp.
- Seasonal: Will be changed for the current real-life season.
- Holiday: Will be changed for the current United States holiday season (Halloween, Christmas, etc.).
Cherry Blossom Grove
Chisel 2 is for the creatives who enjoy building and designing structures in Minecraft. This mod adds a wide variety of new decorative blocks, allowing for increased creativity in design. With Chisel 2, your buildings won’t just be functional – they’ll be masterpieces.
Chisel Mod 1.16.5 and 1.12.2 introduces a vast array of static blocks to Minecraft, significantly enhancing your building options. Most of the new blocks primarily serve a decorative role, with no specific properties, allowing for more aesthetic versatility in your creations. Numerous blocks feature connected textures, and some even offer randomized or animated textures, like the Lava/Water Stone and Energised Voidstone. Certain blocks, such as Concrete, also offer unique effects. This mod will be a valuable tool for those who enjoy Minecraft’s building aspect.
Upon right-clicking with the chisel, a user interface will open, granting the player the ability to transform various blocks into up to 24 different styles.
Additionally, the Chisel mod brings two new items to the game: the Ball O’ Moss and the Cloud In a Bottle. These items are throwable like snowballs – upon impact, they elicit various effects. The Ball O’ Moss, for instance, will convert nearby blocks into their mossy counterparts, turning Stone Brick into Mossy Stone Brick, and the same for Cobblestone. The Cloud in the Bottle, on the other hand, will generate a vast cloud formation upon impact. Smashing rock will induce decay in the impacted blocks within a splash area of effect.
Chisels And Bits Compatibility
Quark is a mod that focuses on enhancing the base game. It introduces small but impactful changes that make the game more functional and enjoyable without losing the essence of vanilla Minecraft. Quark adds more building materials, various tweaks to game mechanics, and new mobs, making your Minecraft experience feel fresh yet familiar.
The Quark Mod (1.19.2, 1.18.2) aims to provide an experience similar to the vanilla Minecraft gameplay. Its core principle is to ensure that any addition made to Quark could seamlessly fit into the default game without altering its overall style. In line with this philosophy, each feature introduced in Quark is designed to be simple and compact, reflecting its namesake as a “quark,” which represents a tiny particle in physics.
Quark follows a modular approach, where its features are divided into different modules. All of these modules can be deactivated, allowing players to customize their experience. Additionally, individual features within each module can also be toggled on or off according to personal preferences.
Tinkers’ Construct is a mod perfect for those interested in crafting and tools. It allows players to customize tools and weapons down to the materials used, modifiers, and even design. This mod introduces a new level of depth in Minecraft’s crafting system, which can make your game experience more engaging.
Tinkers’ Construct Mod (1.18.2, 1.16.5) is an exceptional addition to Minecraft that enables players to construct, repair, and customize their tools and weapons. With this mod, you have the ability to smelt various metals, forging them into more potent weapons and tools to bolster your arsenal.
To aid you in exploring the vast possibilities of this mod, you’ll receive a comprehensive handbook as your primary tool. This invaluable resource contains a plethora of recipes and guides, simplifying the understanding and utilization of Tinkers’ Construct. Additionally, there are four additional craftable books available, specifically tailored to assist with mastering the mod’s more advanced features.
- The Tinkers’ Construct Mod (1.18.2, 1.16.5) introduces a fascinating system where you create patterns to craft various components for your desired tools and weapons. To get started, you’ll need several tables: the crafter, part builder, stencil table, tool station, and tool forge.
- The Stencil Table plays a pivotal role in transforming blank patterns into part blueprints, allowing you to forge the fundamental pieces required for your tools and weapons. While the concept is straightforward, the sheer number of possible combinations can be overwhelming. Fortunately, the accompanying books serve as invaluable references to help you navigate this complexity.
- As you progress, you can unlock advanced tools by constructing a smeltery. This unique device enables you to melt metals, resulting in more potent parts for your tools. Additionally, the mod introduces new ores that surpass the capabilities of diamond, further enhancing your tool arsenal.
- Once you have a smeltery and some melted metals, you can create casts using wooden tool parts. By utilizing these casts with stronger metals, you can fabricate even more powerful components. This system transforms Minecraft into an RPG-like experience, where you level up your tools, upgrade their abilities, and add new parts to them.
- As you delve deeper into the mod, you’ll gain the ability to bestow special modifiers upon your tools, such as auto-repair. This means your tools will gradually fix themselves over time when they start to deteriorate. Enchanting your tools no longer requires experience points; instead, it relies solely on the items in your inventory. By putting in hard work and determination, you can enhance your tools without relying on spells and XP.
- To fully master this mod, it’s essential to rely heavily on the in-game guides. They will prove immensely helpful in honing your newfound trade skills. With enough proficiency, you’ll be able to craft a remarkably powerful hammer, capable of efficiently mining large areas in 3×3 chunks. This method yields excellent results and significantly speeds up your mining endeavors. There is an abundance of exciting possibilities to explore within this mod, so have fun discovering new tools!
To get started you need a few tables and a place to put your patterns.
You build, modify, and repair tools like so.
It can be automated with redstone and hoppers.
The mod also brings a few mobs to the game, like this fellow here.
Armor has started, but is very unfinished and would need to be done by the community. Here’s your hints:
And that’s all there is to it! There’s a lot of depth in the system, and most things are documented in-game. Anything that isn’t is left for you to explore.
Dive into the magical aspects of Minecraft with Thaumcraft. This mod introduces an entirely new magical system, complete with new items, mobs, and a complex spell-making process. If you’re looking for an entirely new dimension of gameplay, Thaumcraft can provide a magical twist to your Minecraft adventures.
The Thaumcraft Mod (1.12.2, 1.10.2) offers you the ability to harness the magic that surrounds you, known as “vis” (pronounced “veece”), to accomplish various tasks and create extraordinary items. By integrating this mod, your Minecraft game will be enriched with an array of enchanting arcane blocks and items. While the Thaumonomicon serves as an in-game “wiki,” it may not cover all aspects of this magical realm.
Thaumaturgy, the art that bestows a distinct order to accomplish wondrous feats that amaze the senses and astonish onlookers. It is the power of a magician to perform miracles, and those who practice this art are known as thaumaturges, thaumaturgists, or miracle workers.
This mod revolves around the concept of drawing magic from physical objects, transforming it into Essentia, and shaping it to manifest extraordinary miracles.
Minecraft 1.12.2 mod gun
The Modern Warfare Mod (1.12.2, 1.11.2) provides an extensive array of meticulously designed 3D modeled firearms, with an even broader selection planned for the future. Additionally, it offers a growing collection of 3D modeled armors.
Are you tired of wielding the conventional diamond sword and wearing the same old diamond gear? Does it no longer provide the satisfaction it once did? Look no further! This mod grants you access to a vast arsenal of weapons, allowing you to craft and customize guns with various attachments. Engage in combat with hostile mobs, challenge other players, and enjoy multiplayer gameplay with friends. You can even indulge in exciting minigames if you wish. The primary objective is to have a blast with this expanded arsenal comprising intricately designed 3D modeled firearms.
AKM with no magazine
.357 Desert Eagle with no ammo
.357 Deagle mid-reloading
M4A1 with no attachments
M4A1 w/ reddot, suppressor, and grip
M4A1 w/ drum mag
M4A1 w/ normal mag
Minecraft 1.12.2 mods Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What are mods in Minecraft?
A1: Mods, short for modifications, are user-created additions to the game that change or enhance various aspects of Minecraft. They can introduce new gameplay mechanics, items, blocks, mobs, and more.
Q2: How do I install mods for Minecraft 1.12.2?
A2: To install mods for Minecraft 1.12.2, you typically need to follow these steps:
- Install Forge: Download and install the Forge mod loader for Minecraft 1.12.2 from the official Forge website.
- Download mods: Find and download the mods you want from trusted sources. Make sure the mods are compatible with Minecraft 1.12.2.
- Install mods: Locate your Minecraft installation folder, and then open the “mods” folder. Place the downloaded mod files into this folder.
- Launch Minecraft: Start the Minecraft launcher and choose the Forge profile. The mods should now be loaded when you start the game.
Q3: Are mods safe to use?
A3: While many mods are safe to use, it’s important to download them from reputable sources to minimize the risk of malware or malicious code. Stick to well-known modding communities, such as CurseForge or Planet Minecraft, and read user reviews before downloading any mods.
Q4: Can I use multiple mods together?
A4: Yes, you can use multiple mods together in Minecraft. However, it’s crucial to ensure that the mods you want to use are compatible with each other. Some mods may conflict and cause issues or crashes if they modify the same game files or functionalities. Always check for compatibility information and test mods in small batches to avoid conflicts.
Q5: How can I find mods for Minecraft 1.12.2?
A5: Several websites and modding communities host Minecraft mods. Some popular sources include:
- CurseForge: curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods
- Planet Minecraft: planetminecraft.com/resources/mods
- Minecraft Forum: minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods
Q6: Do mods work on Minecraft servers?
A6: Mods can work on Minecraft servers, but it depends on the server’s configuration and whether they allow mods. If you’re playing on a server, make sure to check if they have any specific mod requirements or restrictions. Some servers may have their own mod packs or mod lists for players to use.
Q7: Can I use mods with Minecraft Realms?
A7: As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Minecraft Realms only supports a limited selection of mods, and the availability may vary depending on the Minecraft version. However, it’s best to consult the official Minecraft website or Mojang support for the most up-to-date information on Minecraft Realms and mod support.
With the right mods, Minecraft can become an entirely new game, providing endless possibilities for your creativity and exploration. Whether it’s improved graphics with Optifine, endless customization with Tinkers’ Construct, or magical gameplay with Thaumcraft, these Minecraft 1.12.2 mods can keep your gaming experience exciting and fresh. Remember, though, while mods can enhance your experience, they can also change your game significantly. Therefore, make sure to back up your game data before installing any mods, and most importantly, have fun exploring the limitless world of Minecraft.